Sunday 13 May 2012

Is it only me, or does anyone else ever wonder if anything would have been different if you made the other decision? 

I'm going to call it, The Sliding Doors effect.

I mean, I always hear people say 'I followed my gut' or 'go with your instincts', but what if there are times when you follow that same pattern that it goes wrong somehow.

I'm not one to 'just go with it'.  It's takes me ages to decide that something is the right choice.  I'm more of a 'what if' person, ever thinking of those sliding doors. 

A few years ago I turned down an offer to buy my house, the markets were going really well and we had lots of viewings, the couple seemed really nice but seemed to be stretching themselves (not my problem, I know) but still we refused their offer as they weren't coming near to the price we would have accepted.

4 years later, the markets have slowed and we have taken our house off the market and decided to stay for a while.  The house we had being reserved for us has been sold.  New people are moving in on 'our dream' and I wonder about those sliding doors.

Was it a good thing that we refused the offer?  Was it meant to be? 

Or through my sliding doors would I be living the hazy sunny days of our future dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment